As a member of the technical staff, the System Assembly Technician is responsible for supporting the System Engineering Team with the design, construction, modification, and maintenance of custom robotic solutions for the logistics and e-commerce space. The System Assembly Technician will utilize technical hands-on skills in the electrical, mechanical, and robotic fields to assist with assembly, wiring, maintenance, and adjustment of Plus One Robotics’ custom equipment.
1. Assemble equipment per mechanical drawings.
2. Operate common power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, etc.
3. Utilize mechanic’s tools to perform maintenance/adjustment tasks on robotic equipment.
4. Read schematics, mechanical assembly prints, diagrams or technical instructions to determine the methods and sequences of assembly.
5. Construct, fabricate, assemble and debug new or modified mechanical components, products industrial machinery and robotic equipment.
6. Align, fit, or assemble component parts using hand or power tools, fixtures or templates.
7. Machine parts to specifications using equipment such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders as needed.
8. Cut, trim, fit and fabricate metal components to specified dimensions
9. Test the performance of electronic, mechanical, pneumatic components or integrated systems or robotic equipment
10. Assist System Engineering mechanical engineers in the acquisition and specification of mechanical components.
11. Red line mechanical prints and/or update equipment assembly documentation as required.
12. Communicate project status to team and management in an orderly and efficient manner.
13. Confidently represent Plus One Robotics to its customers and vendors as an automation professional.
14. Assist with shipping and delivery of equipment onsite at client locations.
15. Travel to customer sites to collect data and install or support deployed systems.
16. Maintain inventory and supplies related to general use hardware in the lab.
17. Manage inventory of critical project specific components.
18. Operate forklifts and scissor lifts at Plus One Robotics’ facility.
19. Perform all job duties while adhering to safety standards and company policies.
20. Solve problems that arise proactively and creatively; persist in the face of challenges.
21. Demonstrate a passion for robotics and mechatronic systems.
22. Able to work in fast-paced, team driven environment.
1. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
2. Comfortable with the internet and commonly used computer applications and functions.
3. Familiarity with CAD drawings and electrical schematics
4. Familiarity with industrial equipment (Conveyors, pumps, motors, etc)
5. Familiarity with industrial robotics(Fanuc, Yaskawa, ABB, Etc.)
6. Experience with machine shop equipment (lathe, drill press, welder, etc)
7. Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
8. Comfortable with taking initiative.
9. Sense of urgency, a bias towards action.
10. Ability to problem solve and analyze.
11. Maintains a team player mentality with all parties.
12. Maintains empathy towards clients.
Required Education and Experience
Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Industrial Maintenance, or similar or two-year technical degree or equivalent; in lieu of degree a minimum of 4 years' experience serving as a trade/mechanical technician in a related industry.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. A background or experience in mechanical engineering technology, or a related field.
2. Certifications as a machinist or welder
3. Warehouse or fulfillment center experience.
4. Industrial automation or other robotics experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must have a valid drivers’ license.
· Must have a valid passport or obtain one within the first 3 months of hire.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a warehouse environment, either in our facility or our customers’. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, and occasional fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites are often loud enough to require hearing protection. This job also occasionally operates in a professional office environment, routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm. There are occasional weekends where you will be expected to work and travel.
Intermittent travel up to 50% of the time is anticipated for this position. Local travel in the city is expected on a regular basis.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Your application was submitted successfully.